WILLS DRAFTING, PROBATE & ESTATE PLANNING
We are experts in Wills, Trusts and Probate services and will assist you to protect your financial assets and ensure that provisions are made your family.
Proper drafting of your Will ensures that your money, property and gifts of personal items go to who you want.
We can help you, with your Accountants expert tax advice and draft Wills to help minimise Inheritance Tax. We usually work with our client’s Accountants and other professionals, when preparing Wills etc, in order to clarify the position concerning tax (and other) implications, as we do not give advice on tax.
It is important that you decide how your wealth is distributed, preferably in the most tax-efficient manner. Many need advice on setting up Trusts to help with care costs, as this is a source of great concern.
We explain the importance of appointing legal guardians for any children who are still minors and reflect changes in your life circumstances, marriage, divorce, children etc.
It is up to you to ensure that when you die, your estate is in accordance with your wishes.
With regard to Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA), they are not only important when the necessity arises to deal with your loved ones finances, but arguably more important is the ability to be part of the decision making in relation to your loved ones medical treatment. As without an LPA, legally you have little or no power in the decision making process. This is equally important to the Business LPA.
We therefore advice clients to be pro-active, so that they “act now or else their estate and family will pay later”, because if you do not make a Will, the Rules of Intestacy apply. These rules dictate how your estate is divided and there are serious tax payments from your estate, which can be as much as 40% intestacy. These rules are very rigid and may not reflect what you’d like to happen to your wealth, or what is most tax-efficient.
- £250 – £350 plus VAT for a basic Will
- From £400 plus VAT for a Will with Trust (or £300 plus VAT per spouse)
- From £2,000 plus VAT for uncontested Statutory Wills
- From £3,000 plus VAT for setting up a Trust
- From £500 per hour plus VAT for a Death Bed Will
- £3,000 – £4,000 plus VAT for a basic Probate
- £4,000 – £5,000 plus VAT plus 0.5% of the net estate (£500,000 – £1,000,000.00) and 1% of the net estate
- (over £1,000,000.00) plus for a Probate with Inheritance Tax
LASTING POWER OF ATTORNEY FEES
- From £800 plus VAT for each LPA for both
- From £1,500 plus VAT for Business LPA